I wake up to the sound of him pooping, along with the squirming associated with that process. I check the diaper, but it's only a small one. I know in my heart there's more to come, and I may as well leave the diaper on for 10 more minutes to catch the tail end (no pun intended), but my conscience gets to me. I don't want to leave him sitting in it if my hunch is wrong. Foolishly, I ask him, "Are you done?" He smiles beguilingly, and sticks a finger into his mouth. The angelic look - "Yes, mommy, I'm finished, thank you. Please change my bum, now." "Ok," I say, though I know I'm right. "I'll change you, but no more poop, ok?" "Giggles." So, what do I hear coming from him just a moment ago, a mere 7 minutes after I changed the wasted diaper? You guessed it. I hang my head in the waste and futility of it all.
And he just laughs.
“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
No comments:
Post a Comment