“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Working Mom Guilt

Today, and a few days next week, I work with the accessible learning exams centre for some extra scratch. It'll be nice to get out and earn some extra dough for the lean times between TA contract pay checks, but I am a bit freaked out about leaving Duckie for so many hours this week (6 hours) and next (about 10hrs). Oh well, I know he'll be in good hands - it is only my own guilt and feelings of missing out I have to deal with.

I hope we can make it up in serious quality time this holiday break, between bouts of me working furiously trying to get my lame duck of a dissertation back on track.

sigh

1 comment:

Katie said...

i know it's REALLY hard leaving him, but rest assured he is being a very good boy. he is currently sound asleep, which we achieved sans struggle or milk! (that may be a first) he sure misses mama, but he's been in such a happy little mood all afternoon :)

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”