“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

Thursday, December 11, 2008

sick, sickt, gesicken

Duckie and I are both sick now - he's so snotty, the poor kid. His spirits are up, but his breathing sounds like an asthmatic blood hound. The noises he makes while nursing would be comical if they weren't so sad.

He's had Tylenol, a nap, and a nice bath in his menthol bubble bath. He's also slathered with baby vapo rub. I'm giving him pureed black plums today, in the hopes of boosting his vitamin c levels. We'll beat this thing yet.

So a bit more play time, then some lunch, and then back to bed, I hope, for another snooze. He just won't believe me that sleep and warm blankets is the way to go today - he'd rather keep going as normal!

I'll try to convince him otherwise this afternoon, and, hopefully, for an early bedtime.

I don't feel so well, myself, so sleep is good for both of us.

No comments:

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”