On Wednesdays, I teach and hold office hours, so Duckie and I prepare for a day out. When I wake up, I nurse Duckie, and then get up carefully. He sleeps about an hour or so longer than I do, to try to put him in a more cheerful mood. While he sleeps, I pump a bottle and pack his diaper bag; I lay out his day's clothes and check the weather. I prepare his cereal and wait for him to wake up. I might even squeeze in a little extra tutorial prep, and I pack my brief case. Some weeks, I also feed myself, but most of the time it seems too early for me to contemplate food. (I do have a bottle of water while I pump, though.)
Then, *BING*, open pops those eyes, and it is off in earnest then. He has some play while I get ready to feed him, after a diaper change. He has his cereal and maybe a cookie, and then plays a bit while I clean up. He usually poops in this time somewhere.
Then it's bath time, creamed and diapered, dressed, into the sling, and off to the bus. It is a good, efficient schedule, and we are now able to get out in time for the 10.45am bus, leaving me plenty of time to pick up AV keys and such before my office hour at 12pm. (Then of course, we play while I hold office hours, he naps a bit, then K. picks him up for two hours while I teach. Then, if we are lucky, we have a coffee with K., and then it's home for an evening of pampering ourselves after a day well-achieved.)
I don't usually blog right now, so this is a bit of a diversion off course - however, things are going smoothly so far today. Especially, though, this morning I pause to post because not only are we having a good morning, but Duckie has the sweetest cow-lick, ever. I think that needs to be noted.
I love our mornings.
“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
No comments:
Post a Comment