“Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

Monday, October 6, 2008

Beans Appear to be a Go

Well, yesterday, I managed to mill about three weeks of bean paste for the freezer, and this week's supply for the fridge. He had his first small taste yesterday for a late lunch, and I am happy to say that he not only ate it without too much fuss, it has also had no side effects, seemingly. Some darker poop than normal, but not the mountains of flatulence I had feared. We'll keep trying it for a few days, and then we can give beans the "all clear."

So, I guess Duckie is now officially a vegetarian. One could say he was always a vegetarian until he ate meat, but I think his first meal of "meat alternative" makes that pretty official.

That and the organic, home-grown, hand-made, environmentally-friendly status of the food make me pretty proud of us.

No comments:

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”